The National Institute of Culture and History in collaboration with the Office of the Music Ambassador hereby invites representatives of the media to the opening of Music Week 2016 and launch of the International Jazz Festival & The National Song Competition 2016 at the Bliss Centre on Monday May 16th 2016 at 10:00am.
Music Week 2016 will be held at Memorial Park and activities include:
- “Music in the Park” – Tuesday to Friday at 7:00 pm By Belizean Musicians
- A presentation by the Vice President of Def Jam Records Steve B Carless hosted by Music Ambassador
- IP seminar by Marissa Longsworth
- Belizean Artwork – Kendoyll Simpson
- Panel Discussion with a Contingent from The New Orleans Jazz Festival
- Seminar with Belize Association of Promoters and Producers (BAPP)
- Presentation of the NICH 5 year Music and Entertainment Plan
The purpose of “Music Week” is to create a space for Belizean musicians to share their music, and to highlight the important role music plays in the social and economic framework of the country’s development. This year Music Week 2016 will include music industry development seminars, peer-to-peer sessions, media coverage and performances. A strong focus will be placed on international marketing, and exporting of the Belize Music Product.
For more information please call
at (227- 2110)
or email: email@example.com